1) Most of the schools give _____ to enable the best of their pupils to complete their studies abroad.
2) The highest degree awarded by a university faculty is a _____.
|a) grants||b) scholarships||c) assignments||d) admissions|
3) The work that a person does, in other words a job or profession.
|a) master’s degree||b) diploma||c) academic degree||d) doctorate|
4) Only _____ students get the best marks and quality skills.
|a) occupation||b) qualification||c) business||d) vocation|
5) Exams are only a month away, if you don’t _____ now, you’ll surely fail.
|a) practical||b) ambitious||c) academic||d) rewarding|
6) A _____ is an important official at a university or college.
|a) ace a test||b) pull an all-nighter||c) hit the books||d) pass with flying colours|
7) Many families on low _____ will be unable to afford to buy their own home.
|a) dean||b) campus||c) syllabus||d) tutorial|
8) _____ people believe that they are more important than others.
|a) loans||b) salary||c) profit||d) incomes|
9) The highest-ranking person in a company who is responsible for making managerial decisions.
|a) arrogant||b) disorganised||c) team-oriented||d) clumsy|
10) I need to know more about the job before I decide whether to _____ it.
|a) principle||b) director||c) CEO||d) chief|
11) I heard on the news that they _____ a new shopping centre in the town centre next year.
|a) go to||b) apply for||c) enter||d) drop out of|
12) She _____ an appointment with Dr. Thomas tomorrow.
|a) are going to build||b) will build||c) are building||d) have built|
13)In the year 2050 all students _____ their own computers in school.
|a) will make||b) makes||c) is going to make||d) is making|
14) By the end of the month I _____ off my bank loan.
|a) have||b) are going to have||c) will be having||d) will have|
15) This time next month I _____ for ten years.
|a) will pay||b) will be paying||c) will have paid||d) will have been paying|
16) Ann suddenly began to feel sick _____ she was doing the examination.
|a) will drive||b) will be driving||c) will have driven||d) will have been driving|
17) My friend offered _____ some money to me.
|a) while||b) for||c) during||d) –|
18) She tried to make me _____ that she was my mother.
|a) loan||b) to loan||c) loaning|
19) He kept up his studying for months because he wouldn’t _____ the exam until he was ready.
|a) believe||b) to believe||c) believing|
20) The traffic was very bad, but I managed to arrive at work _____ to prepare for the meeting.
|a) risk||b) to risk||c) risking|
|a) in the end||b) in time||c) on time||d) at the end|