1) Have you ever _____ such a horrible person in all your life?
a) stop by
b) bump into
c) come across
d) meet up
2) Someone you know a little, who is not a close friend is _____
a) a flat mate
b) an acquaintance
c) a companion
d) a fellow student
3) Many parents find it hard to understand their _____ children.
4) Watching the children _____ has been the biggest joy of both parents.
b) bring up
c) settle down
d) come of age
5) I really _____ you for your courage that is honest respectful action.
6) When people _____, they want it to last forever, but sometimes it’s not the case.
a) make up
b) fall out over
c) get on well
d) fall in love
7) Mark finds it difficult to _____ guys because he often feels shy, and he doesn’t know what to say.
a) chat up
b) put up
c) cheat on
d) fall out
8) I hadn’t had enough sleep and was feeling kind of _____.
9) The agency was created for the _____ of the policy.
10) The difference between the views of young people and their parents is _____.
a) an addiction
c) a generation gap
b) a juvenile delinquency
d) a discrimination
11) He wanted to repair our vacuum cleaner that _____ a few days before.
b) was breaking
c) has broken
d) had broken
12) Before he rang at my door, he _____ for a parking space for about ten minutes.
a) was looking
b) has looked
c) had been looking
13) Don’t worry about her. She is smart _____ to realise what she has to do.
14) He’s _____ an excellent worker! He deserves to get promoted.
a) too b) such c) enough d) so
15) Tom’s illness is _____ serious than he thought.
a) much more
b) a lot more
c) far more
d) a bit more
16)I know him _____ well, but I wouldn’t say we were really close friends.
17) He said that Holland was _____ cold and Denmark was _____ cold, but Sweden was _____.
a) a little, quite, much coldest
c) a little, rather, the coldest
b) slightly, very, the coldest
d) a bit, fairly, the coldest
18) Mrs Zoom is wonderful. She _____ people vegetables and flowers from her garden.
a) will always give
c) is always giving
b) used always to give
d) always gives
19) See that building there? I _____ to school there, but now it’s a factory.
b) was going
c) would go
d) used to go
20) Father insists _____ Mark’s studying every day for two hours.