1) In history, we learned about a _____ that ruled Egypt for hundreds of years.
|a) dynasty||b) duke||c) archbishop||d) clergy|
2) As a _____ regime, it uses terror to maintain power.
|a) absolute||b) military||c) tyrannical||d) significant|
3) The organization promotes racial _____ and unity in diversity.
|a) multiculturalism||b) tolerance||c) equality||d) nationalism|
4) The international business community sees English as the _____ .
|a) American dream||b) culture shock||c) melting pot||d) lingua franca|
5) This is a _____ opportunity – you have to take it!
|a) peak season||b) top tourist||c) one of a kind||d) must see|
6) I often _____ all the cafes, bakeries and pie shops during my travelling.
|a) wander round||b) soak up||c) laze around||d) stay on|
7) I am so tired. I _____ the days of the week until the weekend.
|a) take time off||b) count down||c) look forward to||d) wind down|
8) The children always _____ a fir Christmas tree with bright lights and unique ornaments.
|a) put up||b) celebrate||c) attend||d) decorate|
9) The highest _____ lifts its majestic cone far into the clouds.
|a) rocky||b) landscape||c) peak||d) plant|
10) The whole _____ seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.
|a) tribe||b) troop||c) communal group||d) settlement|
11) The teacher asked the boys whether they _____ the problems
|a) solved||b) have solved||c) had solved||d) will solve|
12) Mr. Smith promised he _____ me a suitable job. a) is going to find b) will find c) found d) would find
13) The homeless people _____ story appeared in the paper last week have now found a place to live.
|a) whose||b) who||c) which||d) whom|
14) The house _____ they’ve bought is next to the park.
|a) which||b) that||c) whose||d) where|
15) The car, _____ cost more than 50,000 dollars, was a present from his family.
|a) which||b) that||c) –||d) when|
16) _____ in the company for many years, he knew everyone and everything.
|a) worked||b) being worked||c) working||d) having worked|
17) Many workers, _____ about their jobs, talked to the boss.
|a) frustrating||b) frustrated||c) being frustrated||d) having frustrated|
18) Don’t worry ! My aunt always treats her guests very _____.
|a) nice||b) good||c) well||d) nicely|
19)It is much _____ to speak English than to understand it, isn’t it?
|a) difficult||b) more difficult||c) the most difficult||d) difficulty|
20) At the world dance competition, pair number 22 dances _____ of all.
|a) gracefully||b) more gracefully||c) the most gracefully||d) graceful|
Матеріал до підручника Англійська мова 11 клас Нерсисян, Піроженко 2019