1) Many _____ grow because of a growing informal economy which creates demand for workers.
2) The city has had a _____ art scene for more than 100 years.
3) _____ doors give access to a small courtyard at the back of the house.
4) I think it’s time I should tell you a few _____to show you what you really are.
b) home truths
c) hit homes
d) on the houses
5) I bought these sunglasses from a street _____ in Florence.
6) Sometimes a _____ gives you more information than reading the main title.
7) This movie was _____ Australia by Oscar-winning director Steve Roger.
a) set in
b) released in
c) based on
d) filmed in
8) There are some real _____ opportunities as Apple reduces its stock.
9) If they _____ these shoes I’ll buy two pairs, because I like them.
a) shell out
b) shop around
c) mark down
d) splash out
10) Our aim is to make the _____, museums, and our heritage accessible to all.
a) performing arts
b) oil paintings
11) We have lived _____ 108 Rolling Street since 2004.
12) I would have helped my friend but I had very _____ time so I had to refuse her.
c) lots of
13) I watched five films during the festival, but _____ of them was good.
14) They weren’t able to stay for _____ concert.
b) the whole
c) all the
15) The teacher gave _____ of the students a piece of paper.
16) I told him that I _____ his friend for months.
a) did not see
b) have not seen
c) had not seen
d) would not see
17) Rachael: “Can I go to the festival?” Rachael wanted to know _____ to the festival.
a) if she could go
b) if she can go
c) if she was able to
d) when she could go
18) As I _____, I am not much of a television watcher.
19) One of my friends is always _____ getting up early every morning.
20) Mark was angry _____ Jack because he came late to the concert.